With LabyMod 4 we've improved the way to develop addons. You now have one project per addon; this allows you to write version-independent code in the same project as version-dependent code without needing to copy & paste the version-independent code for every version.
Here are some of the changes with our new Addon API:
- With our brand new Activity System, you can easily create and theme custom screens without needing to know how to use OpenGL
- More events for almost every occasion that behave like server-side events
- Improved way to create and use configurations
- Easy internationalization
- Mixin for bytecode manipulation in every version
- Easier setup and debugging of the addon
As of now, you'll have to manually update your
build.gradle.kts when we update our Gradle plugin or support a new Minecraft version.
If you want to stay up to date at any time or if you have any questions regarding our Addon API, please feel free to
join our development Discord.
Have you found something missing from this wiki that you think is important, or are you unhappy with something? Please fork our wiki repository, add/improve it and create a pull request here.